The 11th Triennial Conference of the African Potato Association (APA) is a renowned forum where opinion leaders of science and practice meet.
APA’s core objective is to promote the production and use of potato and sweetpotato in Africa for enhancing food security and fighting malnutrition. The Conference allows the scientific and practicing members from more than 20 African countries to interact with other potato and sweetpotato stakeholders through exhibitions, presentations and discussions.
THEMES AND TOPICS OF THE TRIENNAL APA CONFERENCE 2019
The APA Conference 2019 will strengthen links between scientists and development practitioners and encourage public-private partnerships to increase investment in potato and sweetpotato sectors from lab to farm and plate. Research addressing a broad range of themes concerning potato and sweetpotato could be presented during the conference. Outstanding performance in each category will be honoured by an invitation to give a three minutes presentation in the main conference hall. Also the best oral presenters and best young scientists will be selected within each field.
Papers and posters for the APA Conference 2019 may be concerned with:
- Potato and sweetpotato breeding, germplasm exchange and trade in a changing policy environment
- Effective pathways to improve nutrition, health and technology adoption
- Advances in seed and cropping systems
- Climate change adaptation and mitigation – risk and opportunities for potato and sweetpotato
- Opportunities and challenges for private sector investment